The Role of Sports Science: Effective data collection, interpretation & communication
In this episode, David is joined by sports scientist at Dublin GAA and researcher at Technological University Dublin, Shane Malone.
In this, the first of a two part episode, David & Shane discuss the role of the sports scientist in elite level sport.
Topics of conversation include:
- What is the role of the sport scientist?
- Deciding what metrics are important to collect
- Effective data collection methods
- Effective interpretation of data
- GPS data collection
- External and internal load monitoring
- Effective presentation and communication of data to coaches and players.